Sunday, July 25, 2010

C'mon people...really?

Ok so we get quite a bit of attention and questions when we're out with the twins. Here are a few of my (not sure if this is the best word) favorites....

1. Are they twins? Someday, Brad and I are going to get up enough nerve to answer, "No, me and his ex had them about the same time." They are the same size, we are walking together, and they do look like sibblings (not identical though - see #2).

2. Are they identical? This generally comes after they ask if they are twins and what gender they are. We dress them very gender specific (i.e. Leah is in pink and usually a dress, Colin is in blue). Since they are not the same gender, they cannot be identical twins.

3. How do you tell them apart? I would like to refer you back to #2 and the fact that I am their mother!

We've had other random questions. I loved it the day I was asked by the checkout lady at Marshall's if I breast fed them.

I guess we were just out a lot this weekend so we heard these quite a bit. Don't get me wrong - I totally love talking about my babies it just seems like these 3 questions get asked all the time. So, if you do see two babies who are obviously twins, please steer clear of these questions :)

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, this made me laugh. I particularly like question 3 - do you think some people need a quick lesson in anatomy?

    ReplyDelete