Saturday, January 15, 2011

Christmas

Christmas was a blast this year.  With the twins being old enough to actually kind of open presents and play with toys, it was such a fun time.  We did, unfortunately, have a few...."incidents" of sorts. 

Christmas Eve Eve, Brad was holding Leah on the fireplace and she decided to pull at the stockings and pulled a stocking hanger right on her little noggin.  At first we weren't sure if it hit her or not because of the delayed reaction but the tears came and so did a giant bump.  I was freaking out a little, okay a lot actually, and decided we would all make a trip to the pediatric urgent care.  After we got there, Colin peed out of the leg of his diaper and all over high pj's which they were already in.  Guess what?  Yeah no boy change of clothes.  We had one pair of pink leggings and a pair of purple socks.  So our little guy was in pink leggings, purple socks, and a blue and brown striped fleece jacket.  Let me tell you, he rocked those leggings ;).  Leah was fine and the bump was actually about half its size once we got to the urgent care and she acted as though nothing was wrong.  They basically said she was fine and to just keep an eye on her over the next 48 hours.

Christmas Eve we were at my parents' house and it was getting kind of late and about time to head home.  Just as I was going over to get Colin he fell into a low window sill...and bled and bled and bled.  Okay I was pretty freaked out over Leah's bump but seeing this much blood come out of my little baby boy, I was mega freaking out.  I seriously cannot believe that much blood can come out of one mouth.  Once we saw it was from a one big gash on the inside of his lip and 3 small ones from his teeth, we called the urgent cares which were closed and the ER to find out if they'd stitch it.  Thank goodness for my dad, the voice of reason, during all of this who suggested we call first because he did not believe they would stitch the inside of his mouth.  Well, he was right.  The ER called our pediatrician's husband (they own the practice together) and he said if it was the inside, no stitches, but if it had gone through they would.  So our poor baby has scar tissue and a small bump on his lip :-(.  This is one cautious mama around window sills now.

Christmas itself was great. The twins loved opening presents and Brad and I had a blast watching them. This was actually the first year too that I wasn't really sad the day after Christmas. I absolutely LOVE Christmastime so usually I'm a little bummed when it's all over and kind of wean myself off of the Christmas music but this year I was so excited for the twins' first birthday that I really didn't mind it being over.



Looking at Grandma's Dancing Rudolph and the Island of Misfit Toys
What are these things doing?

My goofy kiddos on Christmas Eve (pre-lip injury)

Christmas Day - We loooove our new Disney sofas!

It's the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse sofa!

Dad with the kiddos

No comments:

Post a Comment