Monday, November 23, 2009

The Big 3-0

No, it is not my 30th birthday but I am officially 30 weeks today! I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. Every day I look forward to meeting them more than the day before. Lately we've been having fun watching and feeling them roll body parts (I'm guessing knees and elbows) across my belly. Totally cracks us up too when we can see them (and I can feel them) "jump" around in my belly. On Monday, I felt Colin in one spot and just poked him softly and he wiggled around. I'm sure he was thinking "Stop it Mom! I was in a comfortable spot!". :)

Today we had our 30 week doctor's appointment which went great! Colin weighed about 3 pounds 11 ounces and Leah weighed 4 pounds 3 ounces! They were in the 64th and 86th percentile!! We are so excited about this since twins are usually small and a major risk is preterm labor and delivery. Dr. Sterling still thinks that I should be able to go full term and was very impressed with the size of the twins. He said it would be great if they could get up to 7 or 7.5 pounds each. He measured me today for the first time just to see and I was 39 cm from my pelvic bone to the top of my uterus. The rule of thumb is a centimeter for every week so my belly is basically full term at this point.

As this is the day before Thanksgiving, I would like to end this post by saying I am so thankful for two beautiful, healthy babies, my wonderful husband, all of our family and friends! Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment