Monday, November 23, 2009

Braxton Hicks and Belly Pics

The last few weeks I have had Braxton Hicks on the brain. I didn't think I'd been having them but I guess I was. I kept reading and talking to friends about what theirs felt like and I was really 50/50 as to whether I thought that I was having them. It felt like the twins would ball up in separate spots in my belly and press out. I talked to Dr. Sterling's wonderful nurse, Lindsey, though last Friday and she confirmed that it was BH contractions that I was experiencing. She said I should try to stay very hydrated which should help so I've upped my water intake to about a gallon a day. I was already drinking about 3/4 of a gallon but if I need to drink a gallon of water, then that's what I'll do. I get uncomfortable sitting for very long anyways so it just gives me a reason to get up pretty frequently and walk around.

We have the nursery pretty much done. We still have a few pictures to frame and have to hang the letters for their names and to wash their bedding but we have washed all of their newborn and 0-3 months clothes, blankets, and towels and put all of them away which took literally an entire day and that was just the newborn and 0-3! We picked out their "going home from the hospital" outfits this past weekend. We optimistically picked out newborn outfits instead of the premie size as we are hoping and praying that I can make it full term (or as close as possible) and that they will be big (at least for twins) babies.

So some of these are a little old but I had to include a pic of my Halloween costume which won me first place in the Halloween contest at work! I also included a pic of me and my cousin, Jordan, who is due January 14th. My belly is um a little big bigger.

26 weeks - Decorating the nursery and holding my favorite nephew, Brody, in our Halloween costumes..

Me and Jordan at her baby shower last weekend. I think I win the biggest belly contest!


No comments:

Post a Comment