Wednesday, December 30, 2009

35 weeks and going strong!

Well we had our ultrasound on Monday and Lindsay, Dr. Sterling's nurse, called me today to let me know everything was great and that they are perfect! She actually said I should carry twins every time I'm pregnant. I think this is the one and only time but I am glad that it is going so well. The ultrasound Monday estimated Colin's weight at 5#8oz and Leah's at 5#9 oz so they are very close together which is great. We got some great face shots of Leah but Colin, who has been camera shy for pretty much every ultrasound, would start to turn his head towards us and then would turn away like he knew we were trying to get a picture of him. I may be a little bias but based on the ultrasound pics Leah is the most beautiful baby girl I've seen and Colin (based on his profile) is the cutest little boy I've seen :). I can't wait to meet them in person!

We had our 35 week appointment this afternoon and I am not showing any signs of going into labor anytime soon. Dr. Sterling was amazed :). He is also the best doctor ever as he told us that if we go into labor on a night he is not on call to have the nurse call him because he wants to be the one to deliver them. It was such a relief for this mom-to-be to know that my doctor who has been there the whole time and who I am familiar with will be the one to deliver them no matter what. He is so excited which I just love! He said I will only be the second patient of his to deliver twins vaginally in the last 4+ years. I am so excited about it too with them both being head down. I was a little nervous about it when Leah was not head down but she has turned and should stay that way at this point.

3 more weeks will be great for them to develop and fatten up. I just hope it flies by because I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment