Thursday, January 7, 2010

Breuer Babies Coming Soon!

Well, we went to our doctor yesterday for our 36 week appointment and we scheduled a date to be induced! It may be tmi but I am about 80% effaced but have not dialated at all. Dr. Sterling has been very surprised about how well I have done carrying them :). When I asked about setting a date though since it seems that they're just going to stay put, I wasn't really expecting him to ask about THIS TUESDAY! I just nodded and smiled when he asked if that would work. Then when we left, I did kind of panic a little. Brad and I went to eat at our favorite Mexican restaurant (who doesn't love free queso and sopapillas with every meal?!). He obviously knew something was up when I basically didn't talk all through dinner. It's not that I'm not so excited. It's just a reality check that I will be delivering two babies in just a few days. Plus, there's the whole unknown about what kind of delivery I will have - both vaginally, Colin vaginally and Leah C-section, or both by C-section. They are both head down so we are trying both vaginally but things could happen that could cause option 2 or 3 to occur. They could become distressed during labor or Leah could turn to be breach after Colin is delivered.

In addition to the actual delivery part of Tuesday, there's the fact that I will instantly become a mom and that's kind of scary too. It's a huge responsibility that I definitely don't take lightly so I'm a little nervous about it as well. There's also so many questions about breastfeeding, whether they'll adapt to the same schedule, and just how will I take care of two babies once Brad and my mom and others who help me at first go back to work?

Above all the scariness though is an incredible amount of excitement to finally meet the two babies that have been with me now for 8+ months. After all of the waiting and feeling like time was going so slow, I will finally get to meet them and hold them and snuggle with them. I cannot wait to see what they look like and who they look like and to hear their little coos and cries - hopefully not too much on the crying though :). I am really trying to enjoy the feeling of them moving around these last few days as well since I will miss that. They both got the hiccups on Tuesday and I'm really glad I got to experience that. It was such an interesting feeling with them both hiccupping in my belly at the same time! It will definitely be so worth it to hold them though and I look forward to that more than anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment