Saturday, March 24, 2012

Potty Training

We have been potty training the last few weeks.  It's mainly been Leah as Colin is not quite there yet as far as bladder control and understanding the concept goes.  I've heard it takes longer with boys though and I'm not pushing it on him.  Leah started holding it at naptime and bedtime so we started putting her on her duck potty right when she woke up in the mornings and after naptime and she did great so we started taking her every 30 minutes.  She's been doing GREAT!!!  Seriously the kid is a potty training machine.  We went to KC and had to stop at pretty much every bathroom on 71South and I-44 between here and KC but she went dangling above gas station toilets as I held her.  She still has the occasional accident and doesn't tell us yet when she needs to go but she will hold it and go in the potty so we're definitely excited about that.

It's so sweet because Colin cheers for her when she goes and is so supportive.  I was afraid he would feel bad but doesn't seem to be bothered and is just very excited for "sissy".  Speaking of cheering, since we cheer for Leah when she goes, she now cheers for me if she's in the bathroom with me.  It's definitely hilarious to hear her say "yay mommy - you potty!".

No comments:

Post a Comment