Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sweet Stories

I've been terrible about blogging but there are two stories about my sweet kids that I want to make sure I write down and never forget.  They are just so precious.


Leah's Story
It's been a few months now but Leah was watching "Mack My", which means Mickey Mouse (they started calling him this when they first started talking and she still refers to him as this which I think is adorable).  Anyway, in the episode Pluto was sad because Clara Bell got a new puppy and Mickey was paying all of his attention to the new pup so Pluto walked out of the clubhouse with his tail between his legs sad.  Leah runs over to me saying "uh oh, uh oh, uh oh".  I have no idea what's wrong and then she starts say Pluto and starts crying.  It was so sweet and so precious because she was being so empathetic to Pluto's feelings and saw that he was sad.  Such a sweetheart.  I picked her up and told her Pluto was okay and comforted her and then sure enough Pluto was happy again by the end of the show and so was she :).

Colin's Story
This one I was not present for but my told me that yesterday they were watching Toy Story 1 which is their new favorite movie and the part where Buzz realizes he's a toy was going on and Colin said "Buzz sad?" to my mom.  Well I guess she explained to him that Buzz was sad but it was okay and that he found out he was a toy etc in the best way to explain to a 2 year old.  Anyway, Colin got down off of her lap and ran to get his "night night" which is his blanket and his most favorite "lovey".  Then he proceeded to try to give it to Buzz on the tv saying Buzz needs night night.  So precious!


I absolutely love that they have such sweet hearts and are so compassionate at such a young age.

Another cute thing since I'm catching up.  After we lay them down at night now, Leah more times than not is crawling into Colin's bed and falls asleep in there with him.  It's so adorable.  Night before last they both got their pillows and blankets and laid down on the floor together and had a little campout in their room.  Now they can definitely get into little scuffles but it's precious how much they love each other :).

No comments:

Post a Comment